Monday, July 1, 2013

Colorful Rainbows and Heat Waves


            I hate the heat. 

            Always have, always will.
           
            This past week Mother Nature decided to turn our already hot apartment into a sauna.  Being street level you would think that out apartments would be cool, but no that is not the case.  There isn’t a crass breeze to help so now we are forced to close everything up, not use the stove or oven, and make a make shift air-conditioning unit using a fan and ice.
           
Getto Style
            But all was not lost I had lunch with my father when he came in from Peru at 1000 spirits.  I wouldn’t recommend this place for lunch unless all you want is burgers or salad.  The drinks could be a little stronger for the price you are paying but if you mention this to your waiter they will make sure the bartender doesn’t skimp on the alcohol.
           
            Another good thing this past week was Pride weekend.  I attended the Sunday parade and my friend was supposed to meet me but she bailed her loss on missing out at all the fab.  I did eventually meet
up with some other friends who were a block away from me and we all hung out after wards.
            The parade it’s self was ok, needed more floats, costumes, and condom throwing.  It also lasted a little too long (over 2 ½ hours) but that could be because of the heat. 
            After the parade and activities at the Seattle Center I went home and immediately felt ill.  Between the heat, lack of water, and alcohol I believe I came down with a mild case of heat exhaustion.   Lesson learned drink more water and no alcohol on hot days or long exposure in the sun.

            This coming is America week, sorry Canadians but we are going to show you what pride in your country really look like!  Also that damn game (Defiance) is gone from our shelves and into the hands of someone who has no clue what horrors await them.  Be sure to follow me on twitter for what’s happening in my life.

See you on the other side

No comments:

Post a Comment