Monday, May 5, 2014

Early Birthday And A Sad Weekend


      Hi there little bots. Well this past week I thought I would sneak off to my parents house for some early birthday festivities. I received some cool gifts and not so good news but let us focus on the good stuff first.

     The good part of leaving town was that I missed all the May Day protesters.  My god those people (when I mean those people I am targeting those in the "anarchist" group)  need to be arrested on the spot.  for the past 3 years now they had their "protest rally" where it really is an excuse to cause property damage for businesses and personal property.  This year the cops did a decent job of wrangling them and keeping the damage to a minimum.  Even so, the vast majority of people who live downtown and Cap Hill are so sick of having to coordinate our lives around these punk kids (which a majority are not from Seattle but are bused in from Portland and Vancouver BC) who don't have a message and just want to cause trouble.      I say the city needs to put into effect that you need a permit to march if you are going to disrupt traffic.   We are sick and tired of these idiots marching without a cause, disrupting traffic, damaging property, and being overly violent towards people on the streets and police.  Get a job and move out of your parents basement you dumb ass children.  
 
      I left home Tuesday missing some networking events but I'm kinda frazzled out of networking and being social for the time being. A nice surprise while I was away was the gorgeous summer time weather that happened for three days. Highly unusual for Washington to be in the 80's in the spring time, but we will take it! The only down side to this weather is the yard work that is compact into two days so you can be ahead of the curve. Not fun to mow the lawn when the grass is so tall it stops the motor. Supper frustrating!
      My mom and I went out shopping and enjoyed my my birthday week. The presents I revived were awesome, some fantastic jewelry, cloths, and books, but the best had to be the facial. I've had facials in the past I highly recommend everyone to go get one at least once or twice a year to clean out the pores. 
     

      Sadly towards the end of my visit my mom's last cat was taking a turn for the worst. She was 18 years old and has been in poor health for the past year. My mom brought her in from the outdoors 6 months ago so she could be more comfortable during the winter months and at that time weighed 5 pounds. Mom tried everything to give her more weight but in the last few days before my mom had to make the call she completely stopped eating and was drinking minimally. We took her in to see if there was anything wrong to cause her to stop eating, her tests came back with a bladder infection and kidney failure. That is when we found out she only weighed 3 pounds. We took her back home and weighed to pros and cons of doing a treatment for the track infection, but came to the conclusion that in her current weight and having 0 body fat, she was barely on reserves as is and to try to fight off the infection might kill her any way. So we decided to do the humane thing and put her down peacefully.
That was the last of my mom's cats and one of the few childhood pets that I have left. We still have the horses but they are reaching their old age as well.

      Goodbye sweet Molly the barn cat. You were the best mouser we could ever ask for.

      Wiping away the tears now, so how are you? This week I received my dress for catbug, I am going to attempt to dye polyester and hope it turns out. I think I will be doing a photo log of my process and have it up for you bots on Friday. Finders cross that it dyes and it isn’t blotchy. See you Friday for my attempts at dyeing fabric!

See you on the other side

No comments:

Post a Comment