Tuesday, June 17, 2014

I'm Not Dead, Yet

 

Hah-aha, hemmm... sorry for not updating in like forever (nearly a month). I've been desperately trying to pin down and finish the sound mix for Team awesome, I just need to do a few more things and have them sign off and BAM, done. I really want to be done with this by the end of the week. So that is what I've been doing for the past few weeks, mixing/editing and sending it off, waiting for almost a week in some cases to hear back, and go threw the edit changes and repeat. Here's hoping that this will be my final mix.

Aside from work taking over my life I have gone out into the world, seen a few movies (Maleficent,Edge of Tomorrow, and How To Train Your Dragon 2), went to a soccer game, and even spent a few days with my mom. It was nice to get out the apartment and realize that there was a world out there.

During E3 week, my man took a week off from work for vacation. By vacation I mean sit at home, watch the E3 coverage, and play games. During that week I let myself slide a little and was lazy. Yes , yes the real reason why I haven't been updating is out of pure laziness. Hey, everyone is allowed to be lazy once in a while and I did have a few meetings, one with Team Awesome and another for another project that I will talk about...now.

I meet this guy at last month's Film & Music happy hour, an artist looking to get into film. Fast forward a few weeks later and I receive an email from him asking if I would be interested in working on 3 short films he is working on. I said yes, and we meet up at his studio to discuss his films. Sadly he is still in pre production and evidently did not look at my website or resume since he asked me to do the on set film mix. Another downer was the fact that all 3 of the short films would be a labor of love, meaning working for free. For now on whenever I get contacted by someone before I meet with them I am asking upfront if it is a paying gig. I have paid enough dues to not be paid and paid for my worth.

So that is the long and short of what I've been up to. Working on my Catbug wings this week, hoping to finish that before the weekend, thus giving me plenty of time to fine tune the rest of my costume before RTX. I'll post some pics of it on Friday and on twitter.

See you on the other side

No comments:

Post a Comment