Monday, June 30, 2014

Working For The Vacation

 

Happy Monday little bots! Last week was full of frantic last minute emails and sound editing/mixing on top of trying to finish my cosplay for RTX. If you don’t know what RTX is well it's Rooster Teeth's convention held in Austin Texas. Don t know who Rooster Teeth is... click on the logo here to find out more:

So last week was full of emails back and forth on altering the mix, having a deadline finally, and finishing the film once and for all! I probably did 3 different versions of the mix before today. I'm happy to say that I finished in time for the deadline so Team Awesome can send it out to festivals without having to pay for a late entry. I have not heard back from them since last night about my final mix, so yeah that is a tad nerve wracking but not much we can do at this point.

Aside from work, I've been busy throwing together my costume for RTX and praying everything will fit into my carryon bag. For the better part of week was spent hand sewing beads on my dress. I am so glad the Netflix has all the seasons of Dexter, I've been having that as background noise while I work is very relaxing. I probably spent about over 12 hours beading the dress. I also dyed my cat ears blue, make a harness, construct the wings, and finished my accessories. I took a few pictures but I'm not very good at recording my progress. I'll post some pics of it for Friday's blog.

Some sad news, my man's grandmother past away on Friday. I've only meet her once but she was a very nice lady. I'm very sorry to see her pass but her health was failing and i'm sure she is more comfortable now. Aside from her passing, I'm disappointed with the interaction and communication failure between my man and his mother. Once again they have butted heads, he is unable to make it out to the funeral service and she wants him there. I understand both points and arguments that both parties have made and I'm afraid their differences has driven a wedge further into their relationship. The only plausible outcome for them to every have a healthy relationship is counseling but I know my man would never agree to go. An intervention with them sitting down to talk would only result in them strangling each other so that would be a no go as well.
In the end they are both the same, suborn asses.

This week I'm prepping to fly out to Austin, getting the apartment ready for when we leave and having my mom take care of our cats. I hope Blogger will post Friday's blog without a hitch and instead of a Monday blog it will be on Tuesday. Have a good week everyone, stay tuned for some RTX recap when I get back!

See you on the other side

No comments:

Post a Comment