Monday, April 6, 2015

I'm Back,Bots!


Wheee, so I've been gone for quite some time. Almost a month if I remember correctly. Off the bat, so sorry to all my little bots that still follow me. But if you have followed me on Tumblr, Twitter, or Instagram you would have seen all my progress photos of that damn Ivy costume plus some more awesom things.

What other awesome thing you might ask? Well for starters I hacked off all my hair.

Yup, I was sick of the dead/split ends and weight of the hair when I washed it. Truth be told I told no one and I wasn’t originally going to be this short. Ah fuck it. Hair grows.

This past month I was finishing up the trailer for the documentary i'm going to be working on this May. That is all finished up, had a few tweaks but over all it turned out great. You can watch the trailer here:

For a majority of the past 2 weeks before Emerald City Comic Con I was working on that damn Ivy costume. It took for ever to sew every leaf by hand onto the body suit and hand stitch the embroidery as well. The night before I went I was stitching on the embroidery to the suite. To be honest, I'm not 100% happy with the costume. There were some more embroidery that need to be done and added, as well as add more pizazz to the bustle as well. But for a first showing it was ok. For the pictures I saw I see that I really need to lose weight. Hot damn, those thunder thighs. But it was good to see my self in that light and to motivate myself to losing weight again.

So I premiered Poison Ivy on Saturday, here are some of the pictures and you can view the full album of un-edited pictures on my flicker site here: Poison Ivy





















The amazing Mikozilla in her fem Varric















My man bought a back up costume for me just incase I couldn’t get together. It was a Harley Quinn from Arkham City. I had a lot of fun with this costume, might make a better one for Pax Prime if I have time. Here are some pics of her and a link to the flicker album: Harley Quinn

































The low points of the con were:
  • saying goodbye to my friend Katie who is moving down to California for school
  • almost being hit by a car while crossing in the cross walk with it was green.
  • Having the most shittiest waitress in all the land at the Hard Rock Cafe, it was so bad we didn’t even leave her a tip. We never do that but when you ignore us for the entire time we are there and give my boyfriend an attitude when as for the check, you don’t deserve one bitch.
Last week was con recovery, and getting my man ready to go over to London on a business trip for a whole week. I'm sad he is gone this week but I'm more upset at myself for not going over there. * sigh* I guess this means I just have to save up money for the next couple of years so I can go over and have a kick ass time in England... maybe try to attend London Comic Con while I'm there as well...

This week I'm hanging with the cats, trying to find a part time job, and try not to go crazy while my man is away in London.

See you on the other side

No comments:

Post a Comment