Monday, April 27, 2015

Wearing Many Hats

Hello little bots, sorry for the unexpected hiatus.  Last week I was out of town visiting my parents and just didn't feel like writing a blog.  But I'm back, finishing up on this mix for STIFF before Friday and looking for a part tie job. so lets jump into what's new with me.

Two weeks ago I helped out with Women in Film TST event, April's event was speed networking.  In one way I like it because you meet so many at once, but on the other hand you are stuck with someone you aren't interested in talking to or someone you want to talk to more times up and you have to move on.  At the event I meet a few people who may have possible future gig opportunities for me.  I just have to set up time and meetings with these people.  But I don't know my solid scheduled until I know for sure if I got this one job until the end of this week. 

So I've been sending out vast amount of resumes to many companies for a varied positions.  This one company who uses those damn recruiter people to "help" you with sending them your resume.  Let me stress I hate recruiters, they don't know jack shit about half of the job description and and what you have on your resume.  This recruiter I had didn't know the job description well and had such a thick Indian accent that I couldn't understand him.   I've sent him a copy of my resume 3times, each time him asking me to redo it so I can add more detail information on my past work.  Mind you with each revision I've dumb down the description of what I did in each job so much that a 2 year old would understand.  Eventually I just gave up on him and found  a direct email to the company's hiring director. 

Last week I went to the dentist for a cleaning, normal across the board.  But on Thursday my man had to go in for his wisdom teeth removal and 1 other tooth to be removed as well.  If you follow me on twitter you would have seen my conversation with him as he was getting them removed.  It freaked me out at first until I remembered he had his MS wrist band which he can text on. 

For the past 4 days I was taking care of him, except when I had to run out on Friday for a job interview which I think I fucked up on and didn't get the job.  Unfortunately I wont know for sure until the end of this week when they have made there decision. 

I also was out all day Saturday at a baby shower near my mom's house.  I didn't want to go to the shower, I find them boring, I have nothing in common with these people I went to high school with, and it serves as a reminder as one of the many reasons why I do not want children.  The only reason I went was because of my mother.  Which turned out she didn't want to go either.  We could have saved time and shipped our gifts to the new baby brat and be done with it!

After the shower I had to run all the way back to my house, check to make sure my man was still alive, and get ready for another event that night for a friends birthday party up on Capitol Hill.  This party/event I wanted to go to.  I had a blast, it was Thor themed and I wore my fuzzy viking hat and furry vest.  I got tipsy, danced all crazy, got caught up with friends that I haven't seen in forever, and just had a good time. 

Now I just have to finish up this mix with some bad audio recordings that are supper reverby.   Luckily my director knows this and is understanding as to why some sounds cant be fixed in post.  Have a good week little bots and I will see you next Monday.

See you on the other side

1 comment: