Friday, November 14, 2014

Bitch'n Friday: Organizing Events

 

Burr, I'm freezing my my butt off little bots. It's been in the low 30's at night all this week and the sun during the day does not p the temperature in the slightest. Any way the past couple days has been a whirl wind of dealing with bad organization to the point where I had to back out of one event due to my frustrating of poor communication and commitment.

With any event things sometimes are forgotten until the last minute, this happened to me this past tuesday on the day of the Women in Film event. Our head of organizing forgot all about the music and thus a last minute playlist was created by me to at the party. Lesson learned by me not to spend so much time working on a playlist since the venue used Pandora radio instead. Yeah I was a little butt hurt but I didn’t let it show and overall the event was a huge success.

The biggest pet peeve I do have is when there is no communication, planing, and just flying off the seat of your pants. If you read my last post I mentioned that I was going to do a commercial shoot for a video game for a friend of a friend. But with several weeks of no communication and moving dates back and no clear plan of what everyone is wearing or doing; I backed out of the project. Instinct is telling me that this project will go no where. Last I heard it was still going on next weekend with no tentative location and still no character sheets.

If you are throwing an event or film project at least have a plan 1 month out of your event date and inform everyone involved. Make a list, check it twice, and if you are in over your head ask for help to organize the thing. There is nothing worse than scrambling to get shit done the day of the event.

So that it for my ramblings, think I'm being to harsh or have your own horror story I would love to know about it in the comment section below. Have a good weekend little bots and I will see you Monday.

See you on the other side

No comments:

Post a Comment