Monday, December 23, 2013

Anniversary Time!



            Hey everybody, hope your weekend was as good as mine.  As you can see from the title I am celebrating 2 anniversaries’s this year; the first being one year blogging, the other and more important one is 8 years with my man. 
            We have been dating for 8 years to this date.  At times we may have had our share of fight, but luckily for us they are few and far between.  The key to a successful relationship is communication.  You don’t communicate you will fail.  Another reason why so many people fail in marriage or a long term relationship.
            Many people have asked us if we are ever going to get married.  Our answer to that is eventually.  By this we mean when we are old and need to write each other in our wills.  I have found that getting married doesn’t have the perks like it use to, the tax breaks are not as good and it is a pain to cover both spouses in medical insurance.  Why rock the boat when we are perfectly content on the way things are in the relationship. 

            In other news, this past weekend was awesome! Friday we went out on our annual tradition for seeing Land of the Sweets Nutcracker, a burlesque rendition of the Nutcracker.  We, as a couple, have been going for the past 3 years and this year we went with friends.  We had amazing seats, and now we will for out $60 per seat to sit up front.  If you are in Seattle during the holiday season, I highly recommend see it.

            Saturday we went out with another couple who shares the same anniversary as us.  We sent the evening drinking at martini bars and dinner at our favorite restaurant.  To say I was tipsy that night is an understatement.  I really needed Sunday to recoup and prepare myself for this up coming week.

            Today I am preparing a wonderful dinner for my man.  I don’t know if I will have time for a Friday’s blog due to Christmas and family engagements.   If I don’t, happy holidays my little bots.  I will see you next week for a final hoo raw of this year.


            See you on the other side

No comments:

Post a Comment