Monday, December 16, 2013

Secret Santa’s and White Elephants



            Hi Ya everybody! Still nursing my body back into shape and trying to ignore the fact that my gut is inching outward instead of inwards.  Curses to the holidays for all the nummy foods and drinks.  So yeah my week has consisted of parties and pond hoping to my mom’s and back.
           
            Monday I decided to go over and visit my mom’s house to spend some time with her before the holiday crowd rolls in.  Also I need to buys some party supplies and it is cheaper over there than in the city.  I sent a majority or the week over there buying and hanging out.  When I did return it was for the 2 nights of parting.

            The first party was my man’s annual holiday party, can your really call it a holiday party when you do secret Santa?  There was good food (potluck style) with dirty themes to the food.  We did blue waffles… don’t look that up.  Also there was secret Santa and a Killer Instinct tournament.  At the end we all watched Jingle all the way in true mystery science theater 3000 experience. 

            The second party was the Viking party.  We only knew a few people but once we found the Canadian we knew we were in good company.  It started off with a card game called Story War, if you never played it is a blast.  This was followed up with drinking and more drink, some where in-between inappropriate jokes about Canadians and black people.  This is the kind of party where politically correctness goes out the window.  We also did white elephant.  I wound up picking out and keeping 3 epic white elephant gifts.  They were:
Sombrero
Dolly Parton’s book, appropriately called “Dolly”
Don J Black “The Battle with Satan to Stay Morally Clean” cassette tape.

            The last one id so ironic and funny that I have to share with you the summery written on the back:

An inspiring speaker, Don Black directs his message to the your of today (1986).
 This is an excellent lecture in which he sensitively discusses the issue of chastity.
He states the husband and wife have the only legal use of intimate relations.
God has never changed that---never will.
  The love-making expression has never been approved as a form of recreation out of wedlock.
            Brother Black tastefully defines and explains kissing, necking, light and heavy petting.  He provides cautions and guidelines that can be followed by those that wish to avoid the pitfalls of early intimacy, but does not leave those who have fallen without hope.
This outstanding lecture can be shared with mixed groups of youth without any embarrassment.  It can be an excellent teaching tool for both parents and youth leaders.

            Oh my god I just about died from laughter when I first read it.  I need to find a cassette player and turn this baby into a drinking game.

            As for the rest of the weekend, my man and I ran around town buying supplies and a new cat tree for the girls.  Tali loves it, but my baby Neko is unsure.  We also meet up with my mom over in Bainbridge for some lunch and gifts for my man.  He has to work Christmas so why he gets his gifts early.

            For this week I will have a party Wednesday up.  Look for it in the afternoon on Wednesday.  Have good week little bots and try to get your shopping done soon!  


            See you on the other side

No comments:

Post a Comment