Monday, December 2, 2013

Being Fat and Spending Money



            All right so I didn’t post on Friday like I usually do.  I was at my parent’s house having a Thanksgiving meal and partaking in the horror call black Friday.  Let’s start at the beginning. 

            Monday nothing happened.  Tuesday I went over to my parent’s house and guessed who picked me up from the ferry… my father.  I was not expecting him home for thanksgiving, had to dive into my own survival guide to brace me for the week. My sister and her family came over that night.  Needless to say my liver hates me after last week. 
            It’s not that I hate kids, its just I don’t care to be around them or have to be supervising them.  I hate having to watch what I say (I have a very bad case of sailor mouth) and having to hide a cookie that I want to eat later that day. My niece and nephews behave all right but they are still kids and they just get under my skin all the same.
             Lucky for me on Thanksgiving Day, my sister and her herd went to her husband’s parent’s house for the day and I got to sit around and drink champagne.   Of course I did help chop up veggies but with the kitchen being so small only a few people can fit in.  After a relaxing day, we were bombarded back with kids and adults who were planning on going out Friday morning for black Friday.
            I will never understand the appeal of waking up at 12am to go shopping at (insert big name store) to only get trampled a few hours later by other crazed shoppers.  I will say that I did go out on Friday but not at some ungodly hour.  We left at 10am just when the asshole shoppers have left.  The only thing I bought was a secret Santa gift for my boyfriend’s x-mass party.  That purchase was on a whim when I saw the price.  The only reason I went out was to buy pj’s that were 5 bucks for a set, but sadly they were sold out.  Who knew pj’s would be popular.
            For Saturday, everyone went to Seattle.  I even managed to drag my boyfriend out to feel my pain of socializing with my family!  It sucks moving around Seattle with a large group, especially when going out to eat, you can’t see what you want to see or do what you want to do.  But since I live in the city it isn’t as bad since I can come back and take my time at my own pace. 

            The highlight of the week was returning home to find out that my boyfriend’s cat (the one I bought him this past May) consumed little over half a piece of hoodie string.  I don’t know how or why but my guess is that she thought I was tasty and decided it would be a good idea to eat it.  To put your minds to rest, she did not choke.  She threw it up today after almost two days after eating the think.  I had to help pull it out of her mouth.  I am still in awe of how she managed to swallow the thing.

            This week I will be posting a gift guide for men and women on Wednesday and Friday.  This is to make up for not posting last Friday. 
           
            See you on the other side

No comments:

Post a Comment