Friday, December 13, 2013

Bitchin Friday: Self Sabotage



            The arctic chill is gone from Seattle, and with it my excuses to stay in and be antisocial.  If you recall in my Monday’s blog, I went out last week to a film meet up and did the whole meet and greet with people.  Afterwards I will send an email out to those who I have met to give them a reminder of who I was.   But after that initial email I will never write back.
            I know many professionals are probably yelling at me right now to follow every couple of months to update on what I am doing and to see if they are working on anything.  This is where I will self sabotage my self.  Sometimes I feel like I don’t have anything worthy to report to them and I don’t want to become a nag. 
            I even feel like I over analyze every little word that I have said to that person.  I will replay conversations in my head and worry about what I have said to them. At times I would write up 3-4 drafts of a reply to someone and still feel like I messed up in the correspondence some how. 
            My problem is the lack of confidence and being overly shy.  I have gotten a lot better, but I still suffer from these little self sabotages that I feel takes me back to square one.  This usually happens to me when meeting with someone for the first time. Once I have known the person for a while or even have a sit down with them that confidence comes back. 
            I can not rely on other people to take that first step to getting to know me and my work, I need to step up and continue threw trial an error to reach out to clients. 

Here is to hoping that one day I can land myself into a comfy sound studio working on films and animation. 

            Got any anxieties or you are a self sabotager?  What do you do to get over that hump?  Leave comments below and I will see you Monday for another wrap-up to my week.
             
           
See you on the other side.




2 comments:

  1. I know how you feel Courtney. I am constantly assessing the minutiae of day-to-day conversations, possessing an overly analytical critique about what I said or how I responded to certain situations. This drives me batshit crazy because I cannot relinquish or relent these assessments, sometimes the only way to forget about them is to over-medicate myself until I pass out and forget. Atrociously pathetic, but true. I hope you have better luck dealing with your obsessive compulsive anxieties than I do. Best of luck,

    -Daveyboy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thinks it is in over drive this month due to the Holidays. I should return to normal mode after the 1st of next year. For for all the luck Hidden and don't over medicate, play games and conquer worlds!

    ReplyDelete