Friday, June 21, 2013

Bitchin’ Fridays: E3 and the Out come for Xbox One

Last week was E3 and the whole gamer nation was watch for the next round of console wars to start up.  I’ll admit that PlayStation had the better conference than Xbox, but what got to me was the negative feed back from the internet.  You must have read on twitter and facebook the big blow out against Microsoft and their new policies on DMR, sharing games, and connecting once a day online. 
           
Well this week Microsoft came out with a statement regarding the back lash.  In that statement they said they are going to reverse their used-game policy to the one that exists today and to eliminate the 24-hour online check-in policy entirely.  This was a smart move on Microsoft’s end but for me it infuriates me that the internet has once again fucked with something great.
             What really bugs me was the fact that a minority of people who went online to complain about something they knew nothing about.  If they did even a little bit of research about the new DMR that Microsoft was going to implement it might have changed there tune.  A great blog was posted a few days ago that covers this ordeal better than I could even express; “The Internet Just Made Microsoft Kill a Car for a Faster Horse.”  This piece really dives into the issues of companies bending to the will of the minority side of there consumers. 
            I would love to hear anyone’s thoughts on this and if you have any suggestions on what I should bitch about next week leave me a comment.  See you Monday for a proper wrap up.


See you on the other side.

No comments:

Post a Comment