Monday, June 10, 2013

Done With Parties…For Now


            While I am trying to write out my past week of events and adventures, it is a little hard to do with the Xbox E3 conference playing in the back ground.  But I will try to type and listen at the same time.  Can you believe how shiny those horses were on Metal Gear Solid game play?
            Let me get all the SIFF movies and parties out of the way.  First up is the Gay-la; this was suppose to be the “wilder” parties but my man and I found it relatively tame.  The film that night was G.B.F (also known as gay best friend) and it was ok, a very predictable movie but still entertaining.  The after party was at a night club and when we arrived all the food was pretty much gone (thanks food hoarders) and people were acting like wall flowers and not dancing.  Well we showed them and dance for a while and left. 

            The last Saturday party was for “industry” people. The film prior to the party event was horrible.  I would highly recommend avoid seeing Drinking Buddies.  No plot, no sound mixing or any real audio clean-up, and flat characters that you don’t care about.  The party was ok, still full of people there for food, not a whole lot of industry people that I meet.  Just students looking for inspiration and hope but I know that a lot of them will not make it.
            The closing night gala was wonderful.  The film was ok, The Bling Ring, but needed to develop the characters more.  It was held at the Cinerama where I had chocolate popcorn for the first time, and oh god it is good!  The after party was at the MOHI (museum of history and industry), the layout was perfect.  Plenty of drink stations, a lot of servers walking around with a variety of food, along one wall was dedicated to just food, and there was space for a dance floor.  The best part was the ability to walk around the entire museum; it made me feel like I was at a high end party in this setting.
            SIFF was great and I will be back next year; don’t know yet if I will get the party pass of not though.  Also this past week I bought a beautiful green wiggle dress for a supper secret photo shoot with a friend of mine, stay tuned for more info and pictures later.  Be sure to follow me on twitter for what’s happening in my life.

See you on the other side

No comments:

Post a Comment