Monday, June 3, 2013

Good Food Keeps On Coming


            Happy Monday to everyone, I have been desperately trying to avoid all the Game of Thrones spoilers from last nights show.  If you want to ruin it for me be prepared for a word lash to the likes of which you have never read!  On that note let me sum up my past week for you.

            I have been trying to get use to having long finger nails but I am afraid I am not that kind of girl and will need to cut them soon for my sanity and typing sake.  Tuesday my parents came over to visit man and I.  They game my man his late birthday present it was a waffle iron.  We went to Pikes market and had a delicious lunch at Matt’s in the Market.  The food is good but a tad bit over priced, cocktails was a little bit skimpy, and seemed like a place hipsters would hang out.  After our lunch my parents were kind enough to buy us meat and vegetables.  It was a nice afternoon visit and my dad brought me a hat fro Peru!  I will have to post a pic of it soon!

            Wednesday instead of going to my usual film & music happy hour, I went on a double date with my man and his coworker.  We had a lovely time and ate at Peso’s Kitchen, the food and drinks were decent and happy hour menu was large and not that pricy.  It was nice to hang out with people on a one on one and enjoy some drinks and conversation.

            Saturday was the Centerfold Gala for SIFF; the film was Twenty Feet from Stardom.  It is a documentary about backup singers from the early 60’s to today.  A couple of the ladies, Tata Vega and Merry Clayton, from the film were there and even sang for us after the film.  The after party was at a large house up in Capitol Hill.  It was a good party aside from the lack of food (mainly due to people piling up a huge mound on their plate I will be ranting about this on Friday) and some ass trying to dump there mother on my man and I so she could leave the party.  I’m sorry rude daughter, but I am not a sitter if I was I would be charging you an arm and a leg for it. 

            This week it the last week of SIFF parties.  I have the Gay-la on Wednesday, Saturday is a film maker party and film event, and Sunday is the Closing night gala.  Let us see just how well I can type on Monday.  Be sure to follow me on twitter for more up to date events and happening in my life.

See you on the other side

No comments:

Post a Comment