Monday, March 10, 2014

Feeling The Crunch




            Don’t hate me for not writing a blog post on Friday.  It was my travel day back from my mom’s house and I was hot and wanted to be a potato for the rest of the day.  So blargh.
            So Monday meant that I went off to my parent’s house to visit my dad who came back from Peru for a week and to raid my mom’s house for supplies.  Consequently I also had to be their for taxes, yeah it suck but hey I didn’t have to pay anything this year!  Tuesday we all went to the apple store to pick up my mom’s new computer.  And for the next four days trying to set up her email account which they forgot their password and needed to call the Whidbey Telecom to help them set it up.  I told them on day one to call and either have some one come over or talk with customer service.  It wasn’t until I left they were able to get things running.  So now my mom has to figure out how to use a Mac after using PC for over ten years.  Good luck mom.
            It wasn’t all about trying to set up a computer while I was over their, I also raided my mom’s closets and craft supplies for some much needed supplies for my wonder woman, or would it be women since I’m doing two separate ones, cosplay.  I found some earrings, needles, thread, and a good piece of sequined “rope” for the bomb shell one.  I’m feeling pretty good that I can get everything done with out rushing now.
            Saturday my man and I went to the leather store to buy leather laces and a sheet of leather for the costumes.  We found this beautiful and soft light tan pig skinned leather that will work perfectly for making the bracers and cuffs.  We also wondered over to JoAnne fabrics for some more thread, foam, and yellow fabric for a scarf.  So glad I have all my supplies, now I just have to construct everything and style a wig.  Joy!

            This week I plan on working on my costumes, already have the cuffs sitting on the table with the first coat of paint on them drying.  I also need to finish my demo reel either today or tomorrow morning.  I also need to send out resumes by the end of this week.  Busy stuff and I hope things will start to come together soon.

            See you on the other side

No comments:

Post a Comment