Monday, March 3, 2014

Food and Cosplay




            Good Monday morning to you little bots.  Hope this past week was as productive for you as it was for me.  So what did I accomplish this past week?  Well a little bit of this and a little bit of that.
            On Tuesday I went out to the University of Washington to view the film I worked on at the school of law.  Listening to it seemed a little low, but I noticed that the speaker level was low when I went up to the podium after the show.  It was well received by law students but I don’t know how well it will do in the festival circuit.  I have a feeling the director will not be able to play the promotional role for this film, but at least she is passionate and gets shit done.
            The rest of the week was dedicated to rewriting my resume and figuring out my cosplay for ECCC.  I am happy to report that my website is nearly done I just need to finish my new version of my demo reel and then I should be set. 
            For my cosplay I now have all my bottom pieces for both costumes, top to one, and the fabric for the other top.  My list of things to do is to add the details to all the bottoms (which I have to decorate the boots and add stars to the pants), make the top for rock star wonder woman, make the accessories for both, and styles my wig.  It may seem like a lot but I still have a month and at least the top that I have to make should be relatively easy just need to go to a friends house to use a sewing machine.
            This past Saturday was a culinary adventure and I only hope I didn’t gain too much weight.  To start off my man and I had brunch with friends at Lola’s.  They are known for theirs doughnuts but what I love is the pork apple sausage, the right amount of sweetness and pork.   After that we had some down time and were going to meet up with a friend at a cosplay event but they were running late and we had errands to run to we missed each other.  Next up we meet up with another couple to have cocktails and dinner.  We had cocktails at my favorite spot The Cannon.  It is up on Capitol Hill, small little speak easy/ prohibition style bar.  The best place to grab the best cocktails, they are smooth and the flavors palette lingers on you tongue giving you an experience long after your fist and last sip.  Afterwards we drove up to Kingfish Café for some good old southern food.  I had the fried catfish and it was so delicious, it had this spicy sauce accompany it that was wonderful.  Everyone else had the fried chicken, holy cow this chicken is the real deal.  So moist and crunch, and even the collard greens were good.  The deserts were huge and so good.  I highly recommend going there for some comfort food fix!
            This week is taxes, and heading to my parent’s house to raid my mom’s house for some cosplay supplies.  Keep safe this week my little bots and I will see you on Friday.

            See you on the other side

No comments:

Post a Comment