Monday, March 17, 2014

Happy St. Patrick’s Day




            Top of the morning to you bots.  As many of you know today is St. Patrick’s Day or other wise know as an excuse to consume alcohol excessively day!  Since I’m watching my weight for ECCC I will not be partaking in the drinking of this day.  Sad I know, but it is for the best for my waist line.
            This past week I worked on my costumes, check out last Friday’s blog for updates/progress.  I also had some computer issues in which my poor 10 year old laptop decided to get sick and have a massive about of pop up on every website and lag like a granny.  Turned out it had a huge amount of malware and a virus.  So I did what any good broke artist would do for there computer, threw it out and bout a new one. 
            I’m kidding, remember the broke part.  I installed updated anti-virus software and anti-malware and ran both those programs for 5+ hours on my computer.  Luckily it was my fart around computer and not my work computer.  I know I should probably retire this old beast but I love her so much.
            Other than the computer issues, I sent out quite a few resumes this past week.  Only heard back from 3 and I think I may only get one of those jobs if I’m lucky.  The two that I properly will not get is the one in New York (most likely going to go with someone local) and the marketing associate job for SIFF.  The one I’m hoping that will pan out is a comedy-drama independent film, I saw their trailer for the film and I think it is wonderful.  Fingers crossed for that one.
            Over the weekend, my man and I went to see 300: Rise of an Empire in IMAX 3D.  The movie was just meh, you are only there for the visuals and muscular man pecks. On Sunday, I went over to my friend’s house for a crash course on how to use a broken sewing machine and to work on out cosplay crafts.  Back at home, my man and I watched Cosmos before bed. 
            However I found it very difficult to sleep last night due to my man showing me the scariest 3 minute short film in my life.  I found it creepier than the cat with hands film.  It’s called Light’s Out and was part of the Who’s There film challenge and won best director (David Sandberg).  I was so scared I had to switch place on the bed last night so my man would be next to the dark stair case and I had the wall.  I need a barrier between me and the dark places in my apartment ok!  But the film was great and you should check it out for yourselves, 
and if the director ever sees this blog please contact me I am a sound designer (click here for website: CMBSOUND).
           
            This week I’m trying to finish as much of my cosplay as I can and again sending out more resumes. Fingers crossed for me.

            See you on the other side

No comments:

Post a Comment