Monday, March 31, 2014

Long week of Socializing and Costumes




            I’m still recovering from all the festivities from last week and this past weekend.  So much to tell you about so let’s begin shall we…
             
            I returned back home on Tuesday with out my man’s knowledge and left the house before he returned home.  Now why did I leave the apartment before letting him know that I have returned?  Well I wanted to surprise him and I have a networking event that started before he got back.  The event was Show Your Shorts presented by Team Awesome and Leftjet Studios.  I ran into some old connections and a bunch of new ones.  It was a great little event where you can network and watch a bunch of short films as well.  The up side to all of this I might have a possible have some work coming my way because of this.  Meet a couple of directors who were interested in working with me on a couple of their projects… go me!  If you want to check out more info on Show Your Shorts click here: Show Your Shorts.
            When I returned home, I surprised my man who was sitting half naked on the couch playing video games.  I love him, he is so adorable.

            The next evening I went to my usual last Wednesday Film and music happy hour networking event.  I was a tad disappointed in the event due to it being more focused on music side for this month.  The guest speaker was a hip hop artist who was going to talk about how to expose yourself to more people via social media.  Their were so few people on the film side I left after talking to four people.  I will still attend this networking event but I think I might be more selective on when to go depending on the guest speaker for that event. 
           
            Thursday my man and I attended Carol Corps party thanks to our good friends at Comic Book Characters for Causes.  You can read more about my experience at the event and thought on it here: Bitchin’ Friday: How To Pull Off An Event

            Friday was me rushing to polish and finish my costume for Emerald City Comic Con for Saturday and Sunday.  I didn’t want to be rushing and running late due to me being under prepared and trying to put my costumes on.  Oh and during this I was rapidly sending emails to back and fourth to a couple of directors and producers.  Still fingers crossed on something magical happing to my career.

            Saturday was the big event: Comic Con!  Even though it was day 2 their were a ton of people and so many cosplayers running about.  I dressed up as Rock Star wonder Woman from Charles Holbert’s drawing.  Not many people took my picture but that’s ok, I was their to scope out items to buy for tomorrow and to hang out with my friends.  Here are a few picture of me in this costume:

            Sunday I went as Bombshell Wonder Woman created by the wonderful and talented Ant Lucia.  I was stopped often for pictures and was even called “sexy” by a stranger.  The two biggest highlight were being hailed down the hall by the sweetest cosplayer Apotheosis Cosplay to come take pictures with her in her steam punk Wonder Woman out fit.  We gushed over each others outfits and posed for several pictures. She is such a sweet lady and you should check out her website for more info about her: http://apotheosiscosplay.storenvy.com/
            The second biggest was meeting Ant Lucia in my costume.  I thought he might not like it but he got so excited he took a picture with me and his brother took a picture of me as well.  I’m a little sad that I don’t have a picture of me and him together but I did buy a couple of his art posters and now I just need to go hang them up on my wall somewhere.  I was so giddy you have no idea, check out more of his art on his web site here: Ant Lucia
           
            Over all the Con was great, got to meet a ton of my friends and hang out, spent a bit more than I would like but when in Rome.  Below are a few pictures that were taken of me in my cosplay. 

   
Out for some fun at ECCC as RockStar Wonder Woman
           
Just hanging out with my friend Storm.
 
Heading out for my second day of Con

Hanging out with the captain at Comic book characters for causes booth.

 
Me and the awesome Apotheosis Cosplay.  I look awkward...
 
All the loot from this weekend!
             This week it is back to the grind of finding work and going to the dentist.  Oh what a dull life I lead.  See you bots on Friday for a rant possibly on the PS4 vs. Xbox One.

            See you on the other side

No comments:

Post a Comment