Friday, July 11, 2014

Bitch'n Friday: RTX 2014 ReCap

 
Hi little bots, it's been a busy week getting back to normal mode. I'm pleased to see that blogger posted last weeks post on time, hope you all enjoyed the “progress” photos that I took. I had so much fun down in Austin, seeing old friends that I would only see once a year and making new ones as well. Lets jump into my recap shall we....

So a couple days before we dropped off the cats at my parents house and the day/night before was spent packing/panicking over if I had everything I needed for RTX. We flew out July 3rd, I expected the airport to be a zoo but to my surprise we breezed threw security and had 2 hours to kill. The flight down was very smooth and no issues until we walked out of the plane. Holy crap, the wave of heat and humidity immediately washed over me. I felt so grungy while waiting for a taxi.

We saw our friend E waiting in line behind us and offered to share a cab with him. It was nice to catch up with an old friend and have the cab expended. We stayed at the Hilton a crossed the street form the convention center, its so nice to walk from a/c to a/c in a matter of 30 seconds. Our room faced north, which had the view of the Longhorn's stadium and the capitol build.




Sorry for the bad photos I was using my Ipad.

Day 1, I dressed up as a pin-up creeper from Minecraft. Simple cosplay but I love doing the make up on this one!




The convention center is rather small and it was cool to attend a smaller convention so you are able to see and do pretty much everything. We ran into a friend of ours on the show floor, and later that night we hung out in downtown, eating and drinking the night away.

Day 2, I was in my Catbug cosplay. Sadly the wrinkles could not be ironed out of the bottom part of the skirt and it also lost it's poof while traveling. It was still great but I want to fix it up and take some better pictures of this costume.




Also on day 2 was a lot of line waiting to get into panels, but we did get into the 343 Halo panel and immersion panel. Saw some awesome stuff for the Halo Master Chief collection: Gungoose!

The funniest part of that day was while waiting for the immersion panel to start, a guy ran (well more like plowed) threw a bunch of people to get a selfie with me in costume. He had his hand all over my man's face while trying to get the best angle for the selfie.

Day 3, I was awoken at 5 in the morning by my man saying he is going to the ER because he had kidney stones. Being the good girlfriend, I offered to go with him but he said to stay and enjoy the convention. He had Kidney stones before so I wasn’t really worried, I just wanted him to feel better. I tried to go to sleep after that but kept waking up to the a/c and texts from my man. When the convention opened I went out and enjoyed myself.

No costume that day, just some shorts and t-shirt. When I ran into my friends they were all concerned about my man, but I was just laughing it off. When he did return from the ER, we were both shocked how little the bill was...Texas is hella cheap! He napped in the room for the entire afternoon, I would go check on him and return to the convention.
Day 4, our flight didn’t leave until 6 at night, so we decided to go explore the capitol grounds until we had to leave for our flight. We took a tone of pictures of the capitol and RTX but most of them were on my man's hone and I just need to confiscate it so I can send them them to me.

Overall we really enjoyed RTX, we both have a few critics on how it can be run better and smoother, but I will save that for another day. We are planning on going back for RTX 2015, new costume is in the works for that one. Cant wait to visit Austin and RTX again!

See you on the other side

No comments:

Post a Comment