Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Movie weekend and Parting

 
Happy Tuesday little bots, a day late but at least I am not skipping an up date. This past week I mostly played Destiny Beta on both systems just for comparison sake. Newsflash, not noticeable difference graphically or otherwise when comparing the two. I did a whole blog on how I felt about Destiny last friday and you can check it out here: Bitchn' Fridays: Destiny Beta Review


Friday night my man and I went to the movies to see Lucy staring Scarlett Johansson. I know quiet a few people and critics have bashed this film, mostly due to the tag line and the premise that humans use only 10% of their brain capacity. While yes this is 100% false, but if you take it as this is this films reality and think of it more fantasy than science fantasy you will enjoy more. Towards the end of the film it started reminding me of Akira, if you have never seen Akira you really need to it is a classic anime that many films have attempted to touch on. If you can relax and watch a film as a film and not over analyze every little detail of “science” that goes on, you will enjoy it.


Sunday we saw Hercules starting Dwayne “the Rock” Johnson. It was ok, it was not the Hercules movie that everyone has been waiting to see. Instead of the 12 labors, which Hercules is known for, and being a true demi-god that he is. What we got was a “realistic” Hercules, who is a leader of a mercenary group, and a story line taking place after the 12 labors that no one really cares about. You do have great PG-13 fight scenes and Dwayne Johnson did a good job, it is more or a rental flick than a go out to the movies type. Hell, Lucy crushed it at the box office.


Aside from movie going, I attended a friend's annual midsummer party. You usually dress up as faeries or other woodland creatures and come eat and drink the night away. I of course went as Catbug, it's the only wings that I have people, and drank a little to much. By a little to much I mean I some how wounded up in a bikini and jumping into a hot tub with a bunch of people I barley know. But good times all around and I left early...12am-ish I think...
My friend and I at the party...I was already 3 sheets to the wind at this point.
Well this week its back to the grind stone of finding work or at least a temp job. Maybe I'll see Guardians of the Galaxy, I don’t know yet, but I will be going to my favorite place to get chilli: The Chilli Shack with some friends. See you back here friday for some rant of some kind.



See you on the other side

No comments:

Post a Comment