Monday, August 4, 2014

Writing Cover Letters Suck!


I'm melting in my apartment. For the past three days it has been up in the 80's and if I use my stove or oven it feels like I'm living on the sun. The poor cats have taken to laying on the wood floors in front of the fans for comfort. When I know it is going to be warm, I stash some towels in the freezer and pull them out for the cats to lay on to stay cool.

Besides dyeing in the heat, it was Seafair week. That usually entails more tourists, cranky locals, more bums, Navy sailors out looking for some booty, and the Blue Angles flying over downtown. It's cool to hear them fly over until you have a cat in your lap and they scratch the hell out of you. I always try to avoid Seafair events to to the crowds and over priced inflation that happens when it comes around.

In between the Blue Angles flying practice, I was busy once again sending out my resume and writing cover letters. I don’t understand when a company ask for a cover letter but they never read them! You always hear how they either skim over it taking a total of 30 seconds or not even reading it at all! Worse yet if you are called in for an interview they ask you question which you have already answered in your cover letter that is sitting in front of them! Its all a big head ache and I question myself every time I write a cover letter.

Changing the subject from pure anger to joy, did you see the new Guardians of the Galaxy? Not going to say anything about the plot or anything other than GO SEE IT! You like Syfi, GO SEE IT! You like Marvel, GO SEE IT! You like comedy, GO SEE IT! You like an origin story that does not feel like an origin story, GO SEE IT! If you like action, GO SEE IT! You like shoot out and violence, GO SEE IT! You like seeing cute thing, you get the drill now GO SEE IT! It is such an enjoyable film I don’t recommend it for children under 13, but adults will get every joke and reference that they make in this film. Here is a cute spoiler gif from the film.

Thats it for my little bots, come back friday for some rant I will be doing I'm sure.

See you on the other side

No comments:

Post a Comment