Monday, September 1, 2014

Hair Change


Good Monday little bots, hope you are all enjoying this Labor Day weekend before you go back to school or work. Both PAX and Bumpershoot is wrapping up today, so no more obnoxious teens and young 20 passing by my apartment coming to/from Bumpershoot! With the kids going back to school and summer winding down I can finally relax and not yell at people to move away from my window at 1 in the morning.

This past week has been uneventful, mostly been working on vamping up my resume and cover letters. Since it was so boring I decided to change up my hair. On Wednesday I decided to do the hair color my mom has been wanting me to do for the past two years... ombre hair... in green... so I would look like a tree. I had to go to two different stores, both of which were on the opposite ends of town for the bleach kit that I have used in the past. To achieve a true ombre hair I should have gone to a professional but fuck it I was on a budget of under 30 dollars. Over all I was pleased with my outcome.

I ordered the green dye online so I had to wait two days before I could dye the ends green. The dye I used was Manic Panic Green Envy, it was the darkest green I could find with out it being to turquoise. Once it arrived on Friday I immediately put it on the ends of my hair and a little bit into the brown parts as well. I usually leave bright colored dyes in for at least two hours on dry hair so it can absorb into the strands of hair. Washing it out in a cold shower, I was afraid it would all wash out, but to my amazement it stayed in! And now I have this fabulous shade of green in my hair. I love putting it up, it does resemble a tree.

For the rest of the weekend, my man and I stayed in avoiding the crowds of people and the hassle to get any where in the city. I did make these amazing doughnuts that are doughnut muffins! They are so good and addicting, you can find the recipe here: Doughnut Puffs

While I was a little sad not attending to PAX Prime this year, I am looking froward to Emerald City Comic Con next year. I really need to start working out hard core again, starting now. Those doughnut muffins were my last temptation! See you guys Friday for a rant or something.

See you on the other side

No comments:

Post a Comment