Friday, February 22, 2013

Bitchin’ Fridays: Admitting you are wrong


            I hate saying that I was wrong, mistaken, false, or flawed.  To many of us, admitting that we were in the wrong wither it be in an accusation, statement, or misinterpreting some facts it still makes oneself belittled.  If you have read my Monday’s blog, you can tell that I was very ticked off with my boyfriend.  And in his normal fashion he got sick of my pouting and forced me to talk. 
            The best thing for any relationship is communication, which I fail on a daily bases.  My man fortunately is great at this and we came to terms with our own faults and had to apologies to one another.  It’s great we cleared the air but it still suck to admitting your own flaws to another person.   For me it always feels like I lost.  What I lost is that little piece inside that puts oneself up on a pedestal and boast how great and awesome you are.  It may not always be up in the forefront but it still feels like you got knocked down a peg. 
            The point is it sucks to say “yeah, I messed up, I said something incorrect, did something stupid, and I am in the wrong.”  But as long as you can admit you are wrong and take that humiliating hit to your ego, you can only go up from there.


Here is a video of a cute frog to cheer you up:
           
See you on the other side 
           



No comments:

Post a Comment