Friday, February 1, 2013

Bitchin’ Fridays: Bus Riders


            In general most bus riders keep to themselves and just want to be left alone.  I am one of these people; I get in, sit down, shut up, and leave when I get to my stop.  For the life of me I can’t seem to grasp why a few individuals have to make an already miserable commute that much more appalling.
           
            People talking generally does not bother me, it is only when they talk so loudly that if they are sitting in the back people in the front seat can hear about how your man is an asshole for cheating on you.  I can think of a few reasons as to why he may have done so.  And it seems like it is one of the following types of people that talk to this amplitude of noise level:
1) Just plain crazy people that you are afraid they will stab you if you look at them.
2) Teens to early 20 something’s, usually in a group or talking on a cell phone
3) Foreigners

            Another offender is the people that want to start a conversation with you.  I don’t like it; I wear my head phones for a reason.  Even with head phones people still try to get in a conversation with you, here is a hint, if the person responds back with quick yes no answer they are not interested in talking. 

            And last but not least, the person who wont give up there seat for an elderly or disabled person.  It is the young kids, by kids I mean teenagers or young adults, or the foreign men.  I can’t count how many foreign men have sit there while I give up my seat of some one and have to hold on for dear life in heels as the bus bumps along.

             People have gotten so rude and disconcerting for their fellow man it is disgusting.  A little chivalry towards your fellow man goes a long way and it doesn’t cost you a dime.  If being courteous to others granted you a deductible on your taxes, then maybe more people will do so. 

See you on the otherside.


No comments:

Post a Comment