Monday, February 4, 2013

Off the Bumpy Road, For Now


             What a relaxing carefree week I’ve had.  I have been relaxing at home, planning on future endeavors, and eating at fabulous restaurant.  Wednesday was the official kick off to a great week; so far this has been the best week of the year.  It started off with a phone call from our old apartment complex telling us to come pick up our deposit check.  I have never achieve a deposit check back from an apartment management,  even when I have cleaned the apartment top to bottom never had they issued back my deposit.         
            The second kick off was later that night, I went out with a good film friend of mine to a happy hour event designed around to meeting other film peeps.  I meet so many connections there I still need to send out emails to remind them of how awesome I am and that they should hire me for future endeavors.  I’m defiantly going back to that event at the end of this month.
            Next day I picked up the check, it was way more than I was expecting.  So that night we went out to celebrate our first time ever getting a deposit checks back, the place: Palace Kitchen.  We had no trouble getting seated right away with out a reservation, it was dimly lit which is a bit of an issue with me since I like to see my food while I eat. 
            The cocktails were well made, I had a blood orange margarita that wasn’t too sweet or tart, and we shared a goat cheese fondue that had bit of bread and crisp apple to dip in it.  The melted goat cheese was velvety smooth and had a slightest herb after taste to it, what I loved was that the cheese doesn’t stick to the inside of your mouth and if you don’t touch it for a while it is still melted and creamy.  For the main course I had parsnip puree ravioli with carrots and parsnips on the side.  This dish was wonderfully earthy; the raviolis were large and had a nice balance of sweetness from the parsnip purée.  The accompany sauce had a great spice that added a much need heat and salt to the dish while without over powering the delectate vegetables.       
            Now you must be wondering what my man had at this higher end restaurant. He had a Burger with fries.  Now it was a good burger and the fires were excellent but still a burger. Now for desert we shared a lemon pudding cake.  It was moist and firm, had a wonderful cookie crumble scattered along the plate to give it that much need crunch, and   the lemon flavor wasn’t to tart or sweet.  Over all the Palace Kitchen is great and the chef defiantly know how to make a balanced dish.
            The rest of the week was uneventful for me but still a good week over all.  Didn’t watch the supper bowl but glad that Ravens won.  I couldn’t stand 49ners coach and I know how much my jerky friend loves that team and so now I get to gloat that her team lost for a whole year.  
            News for this week is on Wednesday’s party theme is to celebrate the new Dead Space 3 game.  Don’t know what I have planed yet for Friday’s rant but I still got time.

  See you on the other side
                                                               

No comments:

Post a Comment