Monday, April 22, 2013

A variety pack week


This past week has been full of ups and downs in regards with my social life. My week started off great, I bought gifts for my friends birthday party, tried dahlia lounge, and I even found the perfect dress for SIFF's opening Galla. Now all I need to do it find the right shoes, make hair and makeup appointment, and buy proper undergarments.

So all was right with the world up until PAX Prime tickets were announced. I logged on two minutes after the announcement and waited for over 20 minutes to only find out over twitter that all their 4 days passes were sold out with in the first five minutes. Needless to say I was pissed, I felt like I got screwed over by this Que line, later I found out from some of my friends they were to screwed over as well, and it feels like every year their ticketing system keeps getting worse and worse. I could have bought individual day pass but that would have been a lot more money that I felt would have been a waste. It is pathetic but I went threw the stages of grief over PAX. Now I realized with all the money I am saving by not buy or attending PAX (about $450) that I can use that money for my trip to Hawaii later this year. Can you say up grade?

The rest of my week had its up and downs. I had lunch with my father at Purple cafe and wine bar, good food, good wine, and for lunch prices were reasonable. The icing on the cake or I should say should have been the icing was the fashion show event on Saturday presented by RAW.

I was going in support of one of my good friend who was walking in the show. In hindsight my man and I should have listen to our gut and stayed home. For starters there was a change in venue after we bought our tickets; originally it was going to be at Trinity club but moved to a new club out in the middle of SoDo. A week before the event it changed from 21+ to 18+, and finally two days before they decided to make it a dry event.

Already these RAW people pissed me off. I wouldn't have bought tickets in advanced if I knew about these changes up front. But we still bought the damn things and I promised my friend that I would go, so we went. According to the event page there was plentiful parking around the event. I'm sure there was if you arrived at five but when we got there we had to park 1/4 a mile away. Side note there wasn't any signs for the event so we kept driving by it two times. Once we arrived we had to wait outside 15 minutes after the event was suppose to start. Eventually someone came out and said we had to use the side entrance, this would have been nice if there were signs. Mind you there were over 30 people waiting to get in before they came out.

We looked around the "art gallery" area, no one was by there art to engage you or try to get you interested in there craft. For food they had a taco truck in the back, which you had to pay for, and the drinks were free jones soda out of a can. 45 minutes into the event they had some singer from Idaho on stage singing for 30 minutes. This would have been great if she did a sound check first. All you could hear was her guitar blasting out the speakers and some mumbled words, this is why you do a sound check or unplug you acoustic guitar. The worst part was when she played the ukulele plugged in, I thought my ears were going to start bleeding it was so loud.

After her was the fashion show, which is why 80% of the people were there for, but they had to change the seat so it was going to be another 45 minutes before it started. According to our watches it wasn't going to start until 9:15 or the most likely case 9:30. We didn't want to stand around ant wait for them to set up so we left around 8:30. I can honestly say that I will never attend another RAW event, I have never been to a more disorganized and boring event.

The moral of the story is to go with your gut. This coming week should be better with my film happy hour and my retreat to my parents house which I am currently at. Have a wonderful week everyone and don't for get to come back for party Wednesday for some cards against humanity.

See you on the other side.

No comments:

Post a Comment