Monday, April 29, 2013

Busy Social Calendar


            For once it’s a sunny and beautiful day here in Seattle.  It almost sums up my past week perfectly.  If you recall from my Mondays post last week that I was at my parent’s house.  Not a whole lot happened just did some yard work and went out to an awesome restaurant called Four Swallows in Bainbridge Island.  You can read more about it on my Friday’s blog. 
            I returned in time for film happy hour where I meet the wonderful producer of Imagos films again.  We talk almost the entire evening about games, film, and general geeky thing.  We made a date to have lunch this Wednesday.  I also meet another producer and director who are in the midst of finding another sound designer.  I am going to be courting them at the SIFF gala in the coming weeks.
            Friday rolled around and with it another party.  This time it was for my 3 friend’s birthdays, all of them have a birthday in the same week.  It was great to let lose, drink like a fish, and chat with some old friends.  I am so glad I did not get drunk nor had a hangover the next day.
            Then came Sunday.  I made plans to have lunch with this girl (who is a musician/song writer) I meet last time at Happy Hour.  She invited me to her house for some home made pha thai since she is strapped for money.  Getting to her house was a pain, for whatever reason the bus services suck and if you missed your bus it is an hour wait.  I did manage to arrive around 12:15 and she was still in her pajamas.  She thought we were having dinner but I corrected her and we still had lunch. 
            The food was good and the tea was strong, we had a light conversation about working and that was about it.  Not to say it was dull but I doubt we have very much in common other than music and work related questions.  I think next time it will be coffee at a coffee shop in the Udistrict.
            This coming week is full of social engagements.  As a result I am going to postpone party Wednesday for a couple of weeks due to scheduling and SIFF events. I will be updating on Mondays and Fridays as usual. 

See you on the other side

No comments:

Post a Comment