Monday, November 25, 2013

2 Weeks Wrapped Up In A Blog



            I’m a bad, bad blogger.  I haven’t been writing in my blog regularly and promised you false dates of blog releases.  Please don’t yell at me!  So what have I been up to, to cause me not to write?  Not a damn thing.

            Well this is slightly untrue.  The previous week (so like 2 weeks ago) I was running on 95% health, the zombie flu/clod was hovering around but not too bad.  I went out with my friend (lets call her Z) 2 days in a row.  It is nice to catch up and have new things to talk about especially when she dished about Women in Film event that happened the night before. 
            From her description of the videos shown, I am glad that I didn’t spend over $100 plus bucks in membership fee for one year.  According to Z, a majority of the films and commercial shown had bad audio, awful editing, and poor story.  There was one film that stuck out to Z was the pro-bono project that I dropped back in September.  Apparently the director was there to show off her project.  Well according to Z, the film its self was extremely slow paced, needed more structure to the story, and over all boring.  Z said the only thing good about the short was the sound mix.  She even said my name was in the credits.  The strangest thing about that is that I asked the director in my bouncing out of this sinking ship project was to remove my name from the credits.  So now I am wondering if they used one of my mixes that I sent her before I quite or pure laziness not striking me off the credits.
             I am not going to waste my time finding out; I have already wasted enough time on that project. 

            On a lighter side of my life I saw The Last Unicorn on the big screen.  So much nostalgia and feels for this film.  I have mentioned in previous blogs that this is part of a screening tour with the writer of the novel.  But being there with so many people who all feel the same about the film and book was amazing.  If you ever get the chance to see it on the big screen, GO! The Q&A alone was awesome and they even have sweet merchandise for sale.

            So that was two weeks ago, last week was a whole mess on its own.  I had to reschedule doctor appointment due to female issues… by issues I mean my period.  God I’m gross.  The shitty part about that was I have to wait 3 months to see her.  It is beyond ridiculous that she is schedule that far out, damn people need to stop getting pregnant.  A pap only takes like 5 minutes to do, you can squeeze me in.  I could see a nurse to do it but the last time I did that she fucked up on my pap test costing me more money to come back in and see a doctor 3 times in 6 months just to make sure nothing is wrong. 
            Oh and one of my mom’s barn cats had to be put down last week as well.  That is another childhood animal that I had to say good bye to.  That is the 5th pet that has passed on in a 3 year span.  It sucks to know so many older animals.
           
         
   On a happier note, I am digging my Xbox One.  We (my man and I) got the day one edition.  It even says day one on the controller.  It is so cool how you can program it to turn on your TV and sound system with your voice.  It is the all in one box that I have been wanting for.  As soon as we get our cable box I can watch live TV while playing a game! Hello Seahawks, I will enjoy watching you play in the side bar while I kill zombies. 

            This week is thanksgiving, and I will have a party Wednesday up for you to celebrate this day in geeky fashion.  Spoilers, its Muppet themed.  Also this Friday I plan on have a special blog for all of you black Friday people and holiday shoppers on what to get your man for a geeky Christmas present.  I will see you all Wednesday.
           
            See you on the other side

No comments:

Post a Comment