Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Bitchi’n Friday: Collaborating With Others




            You scratch my back and I will scratch yours, which is how it should go when you collaborate with some one right?  I wanted to write this for last week’s Bitch’n Friday, but I decided to wait a whole week to see if they would hold up on there end of the stick.  I am not going to personally call anyone out but you could figure it out if you went back a couple of posts. 
            It’s pretty shitty when you hold up your end or only complete what would benefit them.  As someone starting off in blogging or YouTube, it is great to be able to collaborate with someone who has a bigger audience in hopes to gain some more traffic.  But it is only good if the other person promotes you.  Now I will say that the person that my man and I collaborated with did promote us twice during the live stream session.  What failed was the follow up on what said person was going to do; that was to upload the session live stream to YouTube so the broader audience can see it.  
            It has been well over a week and said person has posted another live stream that they made after our collaborative stream.  This begs the question as to why.  Why did said person not upload our joint video when you said you would?  For that answer I can not say.  I don’t know if the captured file got corrupted, was too lazy, or forgot about.  In any case this is a low blow. 
            To top it off after the stream session on said person’s channel they left before we could make our own video for my man’s channel.  And that sucks because we all planed on scratching each other’s backs.  I go on your channel and you come on mine.  And said person failed to hold up on there end of the stick. 
            We don’t every plan on collaborating with this person again.  Already been burnt twice by them not going in for a third time. 
           
            What horror stories do you have about collaborating with some one, or would you rather not collaborate with anyone at all?  Let me know in the comments below.  See you guys on a late blog on Tuesday.

See you on the other side.



No comments:

Post a Comment