Monday, January 13, 2014

Working Girl



            Hi little bots, hope you had a good week.  I for one was able to get a few things done and GASP, even socialize!   While I was able to get a majority of my to do be for I leave Seattle done, there are still a few bumps that I have to smooth over.

            This past week I went over to my mom’s to get a few thing for the trip and help bleaching my roots.  I returned back on Friday not feeling like writing a post for Friday’s blog.  Again sorry.  But I did have my meeting with the director to view the film and to receive the hard rive of the film. 
            We meet at a coffee shop near my place.  The film didn’t have that many glaring audio issues, but the “found” footage audio is bad.  The good news is the director knows this and doesn’t have high hope, just wants is audible enough for the audience to understand.  Good meeting all around.
            When I got home to open up the OMF file I was surprised that the editor did not include the video with it.  I searched the drive and could only find clips of the film.  So now I have to wait for the editor to send me a QuickTime file of the film.  When I told them I would need an OMF of the file, it usually includes the video file in it.  Sigh, new editors.
           
            So that freed up my weekend and part of Monday.  Saturday, my man and I went to the SyFy short film festival with our friend.  There were some shorts that were good but a majority of them were overly pretentious and very few science fiction themes.  We all felt hipsters have taken over the festival and thus the lack of good films.  Don’t know if we will go back next year.
            Sunday my man and I invited over our friend M and Kiri.  Kiri has a YouTube channel Whit & Whimsy, is a vlogger on Geek and Sundry called Kiriosity, and plays games on her Twitch channel call Kiriosity.  So they came over and we all played Diablo 3 on her twitch channel, I should have told you guys but I forgot.  I will post links of your game play when she posts them on YouTube.  I think it went well, forgot to plug my blog but whatever.  Let me know what you think when the video is up.

            This week I will be busy with documentary, when I get the video.  There is only so much a sound editor can do before we need the video to make sure everything is synced!  I will post something Friday, hopefully the twitch videos on kiri’s YouTube channel. 

             

            See you on the other side

No comments:

Post a Comment