Monday, April 21, 2014

Foley Work And Crunch Time

 
           Happy Monday to you little bots, my apologies for not writing a rant or review this past Friday. Last week I was busy finishing up that project for Team Awesome to turn in by Saturday. Happily I was able to complete this task on time and even had the whole weekend to relax and catch up on some shows. I'm getting ahead of myself now.
           Monday threw Wednesday I was completely absorbed with Foley work and recording. Probably one of the most fun parts in post production audio, for me anyway, is working on Foley. Being able to get into a hot stuffy room with no air conditioning wearing only the bare minimum so I will not create extra noise as I preform is exhilarating. While it might not be the most fun during the summer months, I still enjoy it. It is rare for me to find work where the director wants Foley, but when I can do it I feel like a giddy school girl once again. Not that I was the most cheerful kid in high school, one might say I was a little bit goth mixed with skater punk. This was the years before emo kids became a big thing.
            When I wasn’t sweating my butt off preforming, I was fine tuning my recordings to make sure that they matched up to the picture. No matter what you always have to do some editing and cleaning up your recorded audio tracks. Even if it is off my a half a frame, it is noticeable and will throw you off. Which is why Friday I didn’t post anything, to busy double checking and tweaking my tracks.
             Once I finally finished and sent off my Foley and ambiance/background tracks I relaxed by watching season 2 of Legend of Kora and playing games with my man. Season 2 of LoK I felt the writing was weak and very dumb down for the audience. It was also rushed at the end and made me feel meh when I was threw watching it. I know they are doing a season 3 of this show but I don’t know if I will watch it, maybe if they have a sale on it on Microsoft market place.
           Hope you bots had a good Easter, I know I did. This week will probably consist of some Foley for Team Awesome, make changes to to my edits when I hear back from them and send out more resumes. God I hate writing cover letters.

See you on the other side

2 comments:

  1. Sounds busy! Nice blog :)

    ashley-ashstash.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete