Monday, December 22, 2014

Sad Week and Happy Holidays


With less than 3 days till x-mas I bet some of you are trying to fight the crowds for last minute christmas gifts and screaming at your computer for not having 1 day delivery available anymore. Lucky for me I did all my shopping in 1 day and now just have to find them to wrap them all up and haul them over to my parents house. While I look forward to this week and seeing my family there is going to be a dark could hovering over my mom and I this holiday season.

I cant remember if I posted anything on twitter, but my long dear friend Annie the horse had to be put down last Monday. Ironically it was after I posted Monday's blog that I got a call from my mom saying she could not get her to stand up. When you cant get a large animal to stand up the odds are that they will never get up again. She was suffering from arthritis and cushion’s disease for many years and sadly over the past two months her arthritis was causing her so much pain she could barley move around. The humane thing to do was to put her down. My mom had some neighbors help dig a hole to burry her in the arena and place her in it.
Annie Derpping out while getting her teeth checked

Tuesday I went over for a few days to comfort my mom and to help finish bury our poor horse. I've know that horse for almost all her life, she came into our at the age of 3 years old after being abandoned in the Alaskan wilderness in the middle of winter. She was 25 when she passed and one of the last childhood pets. She was a good gentle giant who loved everyone she meet. It's hard to say goodbye to a pet and especially one that has been with your for over 20 years. Miss you Annie.

Sorry for the sad bit there, just wanted to say Happy Holidays to you little bots. There will not be a post on Friday this week but I will post something next Monday which will be the last one of this year!
Have a holiday card from your Schad Girl

see you on the other side

No comments:

Post a Comment