Monday, February 10, 2014

Cold And Under The Weather




            Blargh, I am felling under the weather today.  I think I caught my cold from the frigid temperatures and standing in freezing temperatures for long periods at a time.  Today I think I will take it easy, drink warm liquids, and relax and not worry about a thing.
            These whole sicknesses started back on Wednesday, if you live in the Seattle area or in Washington then you know that day was the Seahawk parade.  If you read my previous Monday post, you know that they have won there first supper bowl.  Living so close to the parade route, I was constantly looking outside to see if the streets were becoming packed.  By 8:30 am I decided to bundle up with multiple layers of pants and shirts to stand out and wait for the parade that was suppose to start at 11am.  Come noon the parade starts and I am freezing my but off, I couldn’t feel my toes, but I did have a pretty good spot on the side walk to take some photos (a total of 900+).  Despite being so cold it was cool to see the team up close.  Below is a link to my flicker page to see the parade pictures.

            Thursday I went out in the cold for errands, stupid move.  On Friday my mom surprised visited me and we went shopping.  I always enjoy shopping with my mom, but when I felt that sore throat creeping up on you it suck.  That night my man and I went out to see Spamalot the Monty Python musical.  I should have stayed in but I am so glad that I didn’t!  If you are any kink of Monty Python fan, you need to see this.  I guarantee you will laugh your ass off. 
            Saturday was the coldest day of them all, and it had to fall on our game day/night over at a friend’s house.  It would have been fine if it didn’t snow and we had to leave early because of it.  We were having a great time playing Forbidden Island, Betrayal at the House on the Hill, Pix, and Mass Effect Risk.  Hindsight it was probably wise that we left when we did other wise we would have been stuck at our friend’s house over night and that would not have been good for my on coming illness.
            Any intelligent person with half a mind would stay home and relax for a day to combat the cold.  I am not a wise person.  Sunday I ventured out to do some grocery shopping.  Hello, my name is Schadenfreude Girl and I’m an idiot.

            Now I am paying for not listening to my body, and can not speak with out phlegm falling out of my mouth.  Good news is that I have an idea for this week’s party Wednesday!  To a nod to old loves every where I am going to do an 8 bit valentines day.  Come bake Wednesday for a little love inspiration.

           
            See you on the other side

No comments:

Post a Comment