Monday, March 18, 2013

Drinking and Myth Busting


            Hey everyone hope you all had a wonderful and somewhat safe St. Patrick’s Day ,lets face it your liver is hating you right now.  This past week has been productive, first of all I have revamped my linked-in page and secondly I have received my commando mastery on multiplayer in Mass Effect 3.  Yeah I know I shouldn’t be so exited over a freaking badge in a video game but damn it took me forever!

            Moving on I saw the movie Oz the Great and Powerful on Friday.  I went to The Big Picture Movie Theater to see it, they serve alcohol and the cocktails were great.  It was nice for once to see a movie with the knowledge of no children will be there.  However the older “adults” (we are talking over 45 to 55 range) would not shut up during the intro.  I think will do a rant about this subject on Friday’s blog so I won’t bore you here.  The movie it’s self was ok, nothing blockbuster about it.  Beginning of the film is rather dull but towards the end it did pick up and the costumes were great (now I want to do a cosplay of the wicked witch). 

            Saturday was my big day, why is that?  Well it was Mythbuster’s Day!  To kick it off I went down the street to watch the St. Patrick’s Day parade.  It s was nice enough day and I even got to pet and Irish wolf hound! I want one so bad. 

            Before the show my man and I went to a new burger joint in the Westin hotel.  The burgers were decent but between the layout of the restaurant (you literally have to leave the restaurant, walk all the way down to the other end of the lobby to use the restroom) and the extremely poor service (we had to wait 20 minutes before my man got up to ask for your check and they did not bust our tables after we told them we were finished) we will never go back.  FYI you could accurately say you are using the restroom and leave with out paying and they would never know. 

            The Mythbusters show was awesome! Balcony seats were great to view everything but if I go next time I just might fork out the extra money to sit ground floor so I could perhaps be on stage.  I don’t want to give away anything that goes on in the show so go check it out if you can.

            This week for Party Wednesday, I am going to do an Alice in Wonderland tea party (with cocktails).  I want to do another Alice but in a darker version later on, but this is for happier version is to celebrate spring.  I should get back to job hunting and writing up cover letters (I hate with a passion writing cover letters).

See you on the other side

No comments:

Post a Comment