Friday, March 29, 2013

Bitchin’ Fridays: Handshake

             
             Earlier this week I was horribly assaulted by an atrocious handshake.  I was meeting a friend of mine to do some audio work for them, when the assault happened.  It wasn’t a normal handshake; it was one of those shakes with a bump and twist with a hand.  The kind you would have run into when you were young and you and a friend would make up a secret handshake (or a thug shake that some people do). 
            Doing these weird handshakes should be left in the past.  In a professional setting, even when meeting with a friend, you should still do the default firm hand shake.

By doing just the regular shake states that you are a professional.  Meeting people for the first time I strongly recommend doing the normal handshake.  Here is why; my man meets with weird handshake friend at a film mixer the other night.  Set friend gave him one of those handshakes and upon leaving my man asked me if my friend did that handshake to everyone. 
                                                http://cheezburger.com/6489490176
            Now my man is black, so he thought that my friend was doing that handshake because of his ethnicity.  Again this was at a film meet up with professionals…yeah to me not a great first impression.  So if you are going to shake a persons hand that you are first meeting, please for the love of god just do a normal one and not some crazy ass one.


            See you on the other side

No comments:

Post a Comment