Friday, May 17, 2013

Bitchin’ Fridays: SIFF Opening Night Gala

             
            Last night was the Seattle international film festival’s opening night gala.  I had to great opportunity, due in part to my man buying the party pass for SIFF, to attend the gala.  Sadly we were not on the red carpet, that is an additional 200 buck on top of the party pass, but we did get to see Joss Whedon’s film Much Ado about Nothing. 

            The filming of this movie was done at Joss Whedon’s house, and damn it was a nice looking house, and was filmed in 12 days.  After the film there was a little Q&A with Joss Whedon and cast members Alexis Denisof, Amy Acker, Nathan Fillion, and Clark Gregg. 


            Following the movie there was a party, and since we have the party pass we got unlimited free drinks, if you just bought general admission you were limited to two.  There was a ton of food from different restaurants, bakeries, and chocolatiers; all of which were sponsors of SIFF.  It was nice to have stationary food venders and people walking around with hors d'oeuvres.  Sadly the director and cast did not attend the party so we didn’t get pictures of them.

            One day Fillion, one day.

            Over all it was a great night full of drinks and dancing.  I still have 7 more parties to attend for SIFF, and of course I will keep you up dated with pics ( I bought a new camera) and info.  I will have Monday’s blog up at its usual time and I plan on doing a Party Wednesday blog this coming week as well.  Here is a couple of pics of me getting ready to head out for the party:
My man and I on our way out.  I had 5inch heels on.



 See you on the other side.

No comments:

Post a Comment