Monday, May 20, 2013

The Start Of My Month Long Party-A-Thong


             Good Monday to you all.  This past week has been delightful and amazing with the kick off of SIFF and the after parties.  I had an amazing time at the opening gala and you can read all about it here, and I have to toot my own horn when I say that I look amazing (oh and my man did as well). 
            The next party we attended was on Saturday with a film.  It was a French film called Populaire set in the late1950’s and very reminiscent of an old Doris Day and Rock Hudson film with a splash of Mad Men thrown in.  The story is about a girl named Rose who is a dreadful secretary but a mind-boggling typist, so her boss resolves to make her the fastest typist in the world.  Weird plot but it is great how the film makers keep the audience entertained and enthusiastic about typing competitions.  


           
Following the film there was an after party hosted by Il Fornaio with fashion by Oska.  The party was very relaxed and the bar tenders were all very generous on pouring there wines.  I didn’t really sample a lot of the food but there was something fro everyone and what I did have, the brochette and mini cupcakes, were scrumptious.  Sadly not enough networking opportunities at this party again but I was able to do a little networking with a producer I meet at the party!  

            Aside form SIFF events, I have been franticly trying to train the new kitten, Tali, from now clawing or jumping up on certain things.  I can tell it has been really stressful on my cat Neko.  Somehow we will find a way to all get along with each other, though it would help if my man would be a bit more involved in training since it is his new kitten.
            Coming up this week I do plan on making a party Wednesday with a little Shakespearian flare.  Also stay tuned for more party updates and going on in my life via twitter.


See you on the other side

No comments:

Post a Comment