Monday, May 6, 2013

I Became a Butterfly and Acquired a Kitten


             Haven’t been tweeting much due to a new addition in our small family, but more on that later.  What I have been doing is making new friendships and rekindling old ones.  I can safely say now I am good on being a social butterfly; now I just have to keep the ball rolling for all the SIFF parties.
            The first part of my week was spending the whole day with my new film buddy (let’s call her Jane).  We meet at the Film happy hour a couple of times and finally got together outside of the event.  Her and her husband are great and can’t wait for our GURPS Campaign to assemble.  What is GURPS well let me just Google it for you: GURPS
            Mid-week I meet up with my talented and creative friend Kiri.  I just thought we were only going to have Brunch but it turned out to be a shopping trip to a wonderful store called Mishu.  I bought a crop jacket and the best/comfortable pants ever.  I would take a picture of them but at the moment they are covered in cat hair.   
            Thursday night I went kitten hunting online.  My man has wanted a new kitten for the past month as a companion for him.  My cat, Neko, only shows affection towards me and after his cat died back in September, he has been longing for a companion.  I found 3 tuxedo kittens in Kitsap County Human Society. 
            On Friday I rushed over to attempt to snatch up one of these kittens.  I was calling them like a mad woman when they finally answered and said they will be at the Petsmart in Silverdale.  After a frantic car ride with my mom we arrived to find out that they were all sold.  My hope was dashed until one of the volunteers said they had another off site adoption in Poulsbo.  We back tracked our way to Poulsbo and they had two left, one all black the other a tuxedo. 
            Both were adorable but the cat that passed away was an all black cat and it would remind him too much of his beloved Salem.  I found out they were not available to take home that due to the black one having an eye infection and they were afraid of the other having it as well.  I still filled out the paper work and that night I got the call she is fine and ready to fully adopt the next day. 
            After the 10 pages of paper work I have the new kitten for my man’s early birthday gift.  I brought her home on Saturday and naturally Neko hated the new kitten, but she will get use to it.  When I presented the new kitten to my man he immediately squealed with joy and thanked me profusely.  Her new name is Tali from Mass Effect, and she fits her name perfectly. 

           













               Coming up this week is movie premier with friends and escaping to my mom’s house for my birthday.  No new party Wednesday this week again, but stay tuned for Friday’s rant.

See you on the other side

No comments:

Post a Comment